Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Friday, June 21, 2013

Solo in the summer

Eric's gone in Rhode Island, so Oscar and I had the place to ourselves (for one night, then Eric's mom arrived to keep us company!) Many years ago, the summer before I started college, Mom and I were left alone while everyone else went to Cooperstown. We were driving the Mercedes which had a pink sparkly steering wheel cover, and we made a shrimp salad for dinner one night. Shrimp salad is now a special thing for me, associated with togetherness and independence at the same time, perfect for a temporarily single mom. The key attributes are that it is very hot out, and the salad must have both shrimp and purple onion. Italian dressing is favored. 

Since Eric does not like shrimp, the salad assumes an extra air of special-occasion-ness. Oscar had no opinion of shrimp as yet.

I might need to look into steering wheel covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment