Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Thursday, June 6, 2013

odds and ends and a happy birthday

Somebody has a birthday today! That's right, my dearest Eric is turning 26 today. We're celebrating tonight with friends and then on Sunday by going to a Rockies game! (It's perfect timing because Oscar has many baseball outfits that he's about to grow out of.) Eric is finally older than I was when I met him - older in numbers at least, but fortunately he still gets excited about things like Pez. I read someone else's description of their husband as the person whose boat you always want to be in. That's Eric for me! His boat always looks like the most fun, and least likely to crash (and if it did crash, he'd have some idea of how to handle it). It's certainly been fun so far!

Here he is putting Oscar to sleep with the help of one of his presents:
Somehow when Oscar is wailing away because he's just so sleepy, all we have to do is start playing the harmonica for him to settle down and fall asleep. It's quite dramatic. And yes, he's wearing a Tommy Hilfiger polo onesie, which probably also explains why he was feeling sad. (It belonged to a friend's baby.)

Here we see Garage caressing an avocado. We were going to make guacamole - we did make guacamole - but Garage first needed to sit on the avocado for a bit like a crazy egg, and then toss it around on the floor a bit. I guess you could call it seasoning.

And finally, the best part: Oscar's new trick! Now that's it's been all edited and posted I can't believe I didn't add subtitles. They would have read "Yay Annie and Wiley!" I'm sure there will be many more opportunities for that sort of thing in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment