Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Happy late anniversary!

Today was the second longest day of the year, which means it's either one day before or after our wedding anniversary. In this case, it is the day after. Whoops!

The team is still going strong, even though Eric's a million miles from here. We still like doing the puzz together, doing errands together, moving furniture together - all the important things.

I like to remember how the summer after we met, Eric and his rabbits had moved in to my apartment. Eric and I were working on my project together. We bombarded onion peels quite often, and had gotten the protocol down to a smooth, efficient, nearly silent operation. (When I tried to do the same protocol with my next undergrad (David, the one who set his hands on fire) it didn't go so well.) We shared a single bench. We were inseparable due to necessity and still got along. It was the makings of a screwball comedy - but we just skipped the highjinks and jumped to the end. Now we're together because we wouldn't have it any other way - two whole official years.

It is hard right now not to have my main squeeze around, although I have my new little buddy to accompany me in all things big and small. But the good news is that he will be back soon enough and we will slip right back into our normal smooth, efficient operations. They are not even close to silent, though, what with Eric swiftly developing into the second-loudest man in the world, and I the second-loudest man's wife. Go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment