Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

momentous times

We moved into our house a year ago! (A year ago on March 31st, exactly.) After all the papers were signed we skipped Plant SuperGroup and packed up the bed. We tied the mattress to the roof of the car as best we could and drove to the new house with our arms out the windows holding the mattress down. I'll never do that again, but then, I don't have to! It is so nice to be so far removed now from the Plum Street house.

Right now the squill and crocuses are blooming, and some of the daffodils have buds. I can see tulips and muscari coming up too. I took all the bulbs and perennials with me from Plum Street, and it seems like most of them have survived. There are a very few crocuses blooming that were here before us, but almost all the flowers are from me making new gardens.

Now we have a new car and a new cat and a new baby! What a year, what a year.

And finally, yesterday Eric had his defense and passed with flying colors. Today everyone was telling me what a good job he did on his presentation, so I know it must have been really good. I was wandering the halls with Oscar so I did not witness it myself, which is how Eric wanted it anyway.

He never has to do that again! He is an MS - Master of Science (Botany) - or as we like to say, Master Spreadsheet. (His thesis required many spreadsheets indeed - and one was the Master of them all.) I am so proud of him! There will be much celebrating over the next week or so, to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment