Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Sunday, September 4, 2011

A bust.

The weather is finally fit for normal humans again, so Eric is a little sad. He may need to bring the long undies back next week.

We tried to play an awesome rock n roll show yesterday in Pat's front yard for Tour de Fat. We made the mistake of making noise before the parade started, and got shut down by the police because of "several" noise complaints from "three blocks away". People showed up anyway to hang out and drink beer. Paul blew his horn at the passers-by. I dressed as a fairy princess and was quite pleased with the outfit, which included false eyelashes and a tiara.

The police came a second time because all the partiers had left their bikes on the sidewalk, "blocking traffic". Hmph.

We played a show inside anyway, and we did not play our best but our friends were kind and said we did well.

Then everyone made their way downtown to where the festival was taking place. This was very close to my idea of hell: drunk people in costumes very close to each other in the bright sunlight with loud noises coming from stages all around. And everything was expensive, and there were long lines... I just don't get it, they all seemed to really enjoy this experience. Eric and I convinced Dane and Paul and Eric's parents to go somewhere else, to sit down and enjoy a beer.

We walked to Armadillo's and waited too too long for drinks and for food - but both were excellent when they did arrive. It didn't even look like there was any other table in there. We filled our fill on chips and salsa, that's for sure.

And we rolled our way home and Eric remembered to tell me that he'd invited all the people from Pat's house over to our house for the after-party. I said alright, whatever, I'm taking a nap regardless. And we both slept for many hours, and woke up to find that everyone Eric had invited had forgotten he'd invited them, because they were not at our house, nor had they called anyone. Fine.

I hope we can put together another show before Dani goes but it seems like playing in our backyard won't go over too well - maybe we can get a permit? Maybe we can not play at 9am on a Saturday?

In other news, my experiments are half-working. I was going to go to work this weekend to try getting them completely working but then, really, it's Labor Day weekend and what am I if not a worker? I only got paid for half of August, also, so I feel owed something like a vacation. So I'm not working. Hah!

Finally, swimming technology has really come a long way. I got new goggles for swimming laps and they are amazing! Comfy, leak-proof, fog-proof, UVA-UVB resistant! I should wear them everywhere! But seriously, I want a pair for the house to use while chopping onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment