Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Friday was a big day.

Yesterday I took Pocky to the cat clinic to get her spayed. She was crying in the cat carrier the whole time, and wouldn't eat any food, and I got lost and drove like a lunatic. But we got there!

Then I went to school and took a test on protein and DNA secondary and tertiary structures, on which we were promised many questions about amino acids. I learned all the amino acids and there were no questions on them.

I went to "first friday" social hour with Za Vhale. It was in Janice Moore's lab, she studies parasites. No one signed off on the alcohol form because they were all gone, so they spent the extra money on decorations and food. It was halloween and bug-themed. A flowerpot was full of "mud." A sand bucket was full of "sand." And they had larvettes! I ate a bacon and cheese flavored cricket. It was the only package that was open. At first I wanted to find a non-bacon flavored one, since I do pretend to a vegetarian lifestyle. Then Christine pointed out that she wouldn't eat one since she really is vegetarian. I ate the bacon-flavored one directly after. It dissolved into powder as soon as it entered my mouth, so at least it was well flavored powder.

Za Vhale and I also talked to many scary people, like Kevin who is prone to saying one thing and then being silent. You think it's safe to move on and instead he says another, disconnected thing. All I know about him is he drinks diet coke. And we talked to June Medford, Kevin's boss. She went gaga over the peanut-butter filled eyeballs, and refused to try a cricket.

I picked up the cat with Za Vhale, and she was very quiet on the ride home. When we let her out of the carrier she was tripping over her back legs and seemed mostly to be high.

Then I had a party! I made hummus to eat with soda bread, and I made 15 bean soup. We played Killer Bunnies, a card game like magic but with bunnies and weapons and carrots instead of mana etc. We also played Stress, an evil card game for two people, and Set. And everyone was friendly and nice and super competitive. Barbara and Laura and Karen and Torbin came. I didn't take any pictures.

Then it started snowing. And this is what it looked like this morning:
The green leaves and the snow are so weird. PS it's still snowing. Maybe we'll get school off for Columbus Day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment