Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Thursday, January 28, 2021

January the neverending month

January's almost done but we're feeling the February blues strongly already. The snow isn't melting, it's cold, the sky is gray....but we've got plenty of firewood, and cookies and crackers and cakes to eat, and the boys will go to school for real in a few short weeks!

What have we been doing with ourselves since Christmas? Or rather, what has Ben been doing with himself? You'll have to ask Eric what the others have been up to, I'm afraid.

Peekaboo, the best game ever.

What is this....tiger?



Everybody's helping Oscar with his Christmas puzzle!




Three stooges, trying to eat a snow cake that appeared on the birdbath.


Mommmmmm, I'm stuuuuuuuck!

I was helping Oscar write an alliterative poem, and we turned to the dictionary to find some good words starting with "p". And look what I found! A) The dictionary is rude, B) confirmation that indeed a pontil is a punty. Got it? C) Oscar was impressed that I wrote in a book, it's a good party trick for kids I guess!

Contemplating a fierce monster from D&D

Reading Anansi before bedtime

Can't start kids too early learning an instrument!






I'm almost done with this blanket but I keep screwing up the finishing. I decided to felt it a little, and took some stylish pics to document its squishiness before felting it forever. Turns out my washing machine is not a great felter and the squishiness survives, but I really like these pictures of Oscar's ghast so cozily swaddled up.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment