Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

I'm in a Zoom meeting about returning to work...

What better time to post a few photos?

May showers brought some tremendous puddles and spawned a little green Edie-frog


But also a monster from another dimension seems to be coming through the ceiling now...some sealant has been applied to the roof and we think that will chase it off.

John and Oscar loved making wishes by flinging crabapple petals all over me


Eric ordered a pallet of edging stones and finally placed them all, uncovering an ant nest! (Not fire ants, of course, but John was very concerned)

Here you can see the stones at work - we're a little bummed we've been doing so much yard work and taking so few before pictures, but this is pretty good! You can barely see Eric hiding in the shadows with the pushmower.

I marked out a space for a gazebo and hung up a wreath Oscar scavenged from the neighbor's trash. And then of course I had to start weaving sticks and ivy through the string...so satisfying!

And then we remembered our canopy and we're ready to host a party! Right here it's a mud-pie bakery.



Oscar and Edie set up a picnic blanket that quickly turned into a car and then a train, and then sleeping bags


But the blanket got co-opted into perfecting the tent

John and I planted a packet of sunflowers - excuse me, sunsetflowers - and just transplanted them into the yard - one was a tricot!

They're all guarded by dixie-cup collars but somebody has already been coming by and clipping off their cots. The army is substantial so I expect a decent number of sunflowers in the end. I also planted some whole flax seeds from a bag I got at the grocery store by mistake - I usually get ground flax seed. They all sprouted too! The grocery store is a great source of seeds, it's full of fruits and veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment