Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Sunday, February 2, 2014

this week, wicked baby edition

Events of note:
Eric had his first week of work as Lab Manager. He ended the week by getting ordering powers ($2000/day on the lab credit card!) and interviewing undergraduates - in other words, highly managerial. We also got all signed up for all the benefits, mainly health insurance and a retirement plan. The health insurance is a little bogus because CSU's plans are "grandfathered" under the ACA, so they don't have to meet all of the new requirements like no copays etc. However, they cannot refuse coverage due to preexisting conditions, and it is cheaper than student insurance, so I guess I'm happy.

I got publishable data! My theories are right and everyone should grant me lots of money! There are no fancy pictures to go with this data, but suffice it to say the error bars on my charts are really, really small. My advisor left this weekend for Denmark, so I'm not sure when this paper will get written, but updates will ensue as events warrant. (I'm definitely going to graduate!)

I had my first Super Bowl experience and boy was it disappointing. I'm quite glad I didn't travel to any parties or even change out of my pajamas for it!

Oscar has been terrorizing cats and the general public in various ways, including donning socks as mittens and being inconsolable at daycare.
Evidence:

Beer bottles are very cold and nice on baby gums, Oscar tells us.


A tripartite pecan! Whoever heard of such a monstrous nut?


It's been snowing, and it's going to snow. A snow caterpillar decorates a coneflower.


Socks for hands!


I don't know what got into us - it was halftime, we were feeding Oscar dinner, it just seemed right...

That's the news, see you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment