Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Sunday, January 26, 2014

the semester begins

It looks like we're going to be barely able to keep our heads on this semester, so I'm going to be posting once a week, on Sunday.

I started my class this week, on teaching undergraduates using writing. It's an exhilarating class so far, because it's something I haven't thought a lot about, and there's an enormous field of research supporting the use of writing across the curriculum. There's a lot of good stuff to learn about. There's also a discussion section to the class - I haven't been in a truly discussion-based class since St. John's, so it's reminding me how much I love and hate seminar.

Eric and I went to work together on Friday. It's so nice to go in to work with somebody, and to have someone to eat lunch with, and someone to walk to the car with. Office romances have their problems to be sure, but the benefits are very pleasant!

Since Juniper is the only rabbit left, we moved her inside this weekend and took the loom out to the shed to await rehabilitation. Here she is in her new digs:

The object on the end of her cage is my Christmas present from Lloyd and Eric.

It's a skein winder, for all the yarn that I've been spinning. There's no metal in it - it's all held together with joins or wooden pins, and a little bit of glue. We just tested it out with some yarn from a project I didn't like, and it worked beautifully!


This is a shawl I'm making for my cousin. I'm afraid it might be enormous - afraid because it will take forever. I increase 2 stitches on the wrong side rows and 4 stitches on the right side! And it's supposed to be 144 rows long! At least it's wintery and my room is now in order, so I have nothing to do but knit when I'm home. 

Oscar has been enjoying climbing inside things.




And finally, here is Oscar trying to walk while wearing shoes. He hasn't quite figured it out yet.


I think this is really going to be a crazy week. I start teaching - Eric starts working - Oscar keeps growing... wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment