Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Last conference day!

Today was very special. I skipped the engineers' talks (particularly that of one Ken Reardon, although it wasn't deliberate) because I went for a walk during the coffee break, and during the walk I met up with Marie-Pierre and Annike. We went up to the farm and explored all over the resort campus.

I signed up for the eco-tour tomorrow, and I signed up for horseback riding. The riding happened this afternoon from three to five, so I missed the talks from selected abstracts. Fortunately those abstracts are published in the conference book.

It was the best ever. I was the only one signed up, and so it was me on a donkey and the guy from the farm on a fancy white horse. We rode down a dirt road, and then into a forest, and then galloped down a stream bed and through a tunnel and into the eucalyptus plantation. There was a lot of galloping and dirt flying and splashing. The guy stopped wherever the scenery was nice and had me hand over my camera so he could take my picture. He spoke no English, so all I could say was saodage and obrigada.

When it was done I took a nice shower and laid down and watched crap TV until it was time for dinner. At dinner I talked to Rowan Sage for a long time. He is a photosynthesis guy, particularly C4 photosynthesis. He loves thinking about it and knowing everything about it.

I love horses! I love horsie things, I love everything about them.




No comments:

Post a Comment