Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of school!

I had class this morning. Last class ever! (Any others will be purely voluntary.) A colleague said once the best part of getting a PhD is that you don't have to take any exams any more. True dat!
This is the first and only class requiring a textbook. There will be quizzes every class to make sure we do the assigned reading. Bleah. But Eric is in it too, so we only need one textbook, and we can make fun of everyone together.
After class I went to the lab and checked my DNA sequences. I have a guaranteed, bona fide positive clone! Whoop! Then I talked to Amy for an hour, until she went to lunch, and then I waited for Eric and we went to lunch.
After lunch, I talked to Shelley for a long time about our various conferences we've attended. Then I cleaned all the glass slides I used this summer. I met with Pat and we talked for an hour about all I've been doing like going to Brazil and the beach and moving. And Eric and I came home!
We stopped at Jamba Juice - they have specials every day. Today it was all-fruit smoothies, which is what I like anyway. The smoothies were cold and refreshing.
And then, the real stuff started happening. Eric and Dane got on ebay and started bidding on equipment for the recording studio they're setting up in the garage. And I got out the loppers and the gloves and most importantly the clogs, and went to war in the backyard on the shrubberies. There is already a giant brush pile, complete with broken wooden chairs on top, and I made a new pile of equal size in about two hours. Tomorrow I will collect it all into an actual pile. It felt like cutting someone's hair. And now it looks really good! Go me! Time to go get some beers!

No comments:

Post a Comment