Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Saturday, June 21, 2014

happy solstice!

Longest day! Shortest night! Here's some pics, they're sure to delight!








 











We're very proud of the large garden snake. It has a hole right next to the front door, so we often see it when we come home. There's also a snake in the compost bin, perhaps the same snake.

The grasses in our prairie flowered with some intense but tiny flowers. The prairie is so tall that Oscar gets lost in it. Right after I took the picture of Oscar, he got the camera and dropped it somewhere in the grass. We almost despaired of finding it again! There are huge swathes of oregano, but no more parsley and no more thistles. The oregano is much less offensive.

We tried very hard to get a nice photo of all the sisters in their stripey shirts, but Oscar was kicking Annie and the sun was in our eyes. I think Elizabeth might have gotten a good one with her phone. It was so nice to have visitors and for Oscar to see his aunties! We went out to eat like fancy ladies, had backyard fires, went to the reservoir (Au reservoir!), laid in the sun and ate many many popsicles. It was all over much too soon. Eric really enjoyed being chief fire-poker for once!

Oscar and Garage are getting pretty friendly. Oscar's learning to be more gentle with Pocky, which is good because his arm was full of punctures for a little while there. He has also learned what the dog says, and will make the wrong noise on purpose and then laugh. He thinks cats say "No."

We went to a party today where Oscar played in more long grass and went down some big slides. He played with bigger kids fearlessly. I wanted to hold him the whole time because I didn't feel like talking with the bigger kids' moms! But my arms did get tired so I allowed as how I might put him down for a little bit.

I've been crafting away, and these items will soon be in the mail to their deserving recipients. The vest pattern I got through Ravelry. This is a pretty fancy site that I love and hate - it adds a scientific dimension to knitting that I'm not sure if I enjoy. But there are lots of amazing patterns and inspiring items to browse through. The runner is Mark and Kristine's wedding present - I don't have a table long enough to display it on!

Eric and I are going to enjoy a nice, quiet anniversary evening ourselves - shortest night!

No comments:

Post a Comment