Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Thursday, April 10, 2014

a plague on both your parents!

Oscar has given Eric the plague, so Oscar now feels perfectly happy and Eric is miserable. I'm holding out so far.
On Friday Oscar went in for his checkup. 27 pounds, 33.5 inches. That is, he's almost 3 feet tall! He's exactly half as tall as me! He's at the top of the charts for both stats, too.

Daffodils have started blooming, and some other pretty blue flowers (not squill) that I got on a whim in the fall. I have no clue what they are, except pretty. There's one lonely hot pink tulip getting ready to open too. The daylilies are emerging, as are the peonies and the beebalm. All the roses are making leaves, even the one we transplanted from the side of the house to the side of the shed, which seemed like it kind of wanted to die after that. I saw one little hint of a leaf on the peach tree today, so of course the forecast is for snow this weekend.


Eric's bonsai is really happy all of a sudden!


I made a lemon Bundt cake this weekend - it's almost gone now. Eric pretends this isn't cake, so at least I didn't eat it all by myself. It is full of lemon essence. Here is the recipe.

Oscar is a thrill-seeker and a nut-job.



No comments:

Post a Comment