Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Friday, September 13, 2013

interesting times

What's up with the extreme weather, Colorado?

Eric's stuck in Castle Rock for the near future. Whenever the sun peeks out he might get some painting done. I'm ensconced at home - I definitely don't want to get stuck at school! The roads have all been dry, with no gigantic puddles. I think nothing should happen to our house. There is no indication that Horsetooth Dam is in trouble. The sun is out right now which makes all the talk of 5 inches of rain in an hour sound absurd, and yet I do hear that this is in our forecast for tonight.

Right now I'm working on a fellowship proposal that I do not want to do. But since I'm at home anyway I guess I might as well... It will not incorporate any of the nice images I've been taking. And, when I went to the store, which I only did because our cupboards were empty, and which was so full of people buying jugs of water already at only 10am, I forgot to get any candy!!! I've been eating Oscar's arrowroot cookies instead for brain fuel. I hope he won't mind.

Anyway, on to the good stuff. Oscar sleeps in many goofy positions, which we can see thanks to the video baby monitor. Eric likes to document these. It used to look a lot like an ultrasound when the camera was pointed at the side of the crib and you had to interpret whether the lump was Oscar's head or his butt, or just a wadded-up blanket.



Eric also likes to make fun of Oscar's robe, because it's ridiculous for a baby to have a robe! That may be true, but he does look adorable in it.




I have a suspicion that he's getting a second bottom tooth to keep the first one coming. Stay tuned! Further updates as events warrant!

No comments:

Post a Comment