Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

summertime summertime

small version

large version!

too cool for anything.

We went to Horsetooth Reservoir on Sunday and went swimming! The water was very nice. I found it a pleasant cool temperature but Eric turned blue almost instantly. I can't believe we haven't gone before, especially since it's maybe 5 minutes from our house. There's no beach at this swimming spot per se so you look to shore from the water and see a sharp and rocky hillside, which helps keep me in the water. The entry is very gooey or "muddy" and if you're slow to get in then you can sink to your ankles and get kind of stuck in the sludge, and then you have no maneuverability if say a large motorboat comes by and makes a big wake. Oopsies! Also we saw a giant crayfish with a clear skeleton. Eric says they don't bite people, the crayfish are too fast for that, but what does he know about insects? (He says it's not an insect, it's an arthropod. Proves my point.)

It's been cloudy and cool since then. I think something like fall might be starting to happen. I have also started thinking I hear geese sometimes...

Our pregnancy book keeps telling us how the baby will startle and respond to loud noises. So we do a lot of shouting at my belly. No noticeable responses yet - Eric says he's going to be guaranteed startle-proof by the time he's born. Eric's favorite shout of the moment is Bapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment