Pepper Party

Pepper Party

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On Saturday Paul and I had a big day. We went to all the thrift stores except one. At EcoThrift the cashier kept looking at me funny as I was shopping until he rang me up. Then he said, a St. John's graduate I see (I was wearing my red intramural tshirt). He had gone to Santa Fe for one year a loooong time ago and we had a little convo about that, never minding all the other people wanting to buy shit. Even though he had only gone one year he still loved it and thought about it and got requests for money from them. Yay school!

Paul found himself a galileo's thermometer and a wicker basket his fellow teacher may use for a crow's nest, while I had found some new clothes. Like I needed them...

The other stores were boring except one had a birthing stool! And an ancient toaster where the toast isn't popped in and out but instead the sides flap down. Paul did find a lot of good things for his classroom too.

Somehow we were shopping for four hours! Why?! When we got back I treated myself to a refreshing little nappy.

Later on we were all hanging out in the back yard and I mentioned that a fire pit is only $50 from Target. This prompted Eric to immediately begin digging out a pit, and he then coerced Paul into moving all the dirt from the pile that he had made into the garden. Then they burned some scrap wood and then they burned some freshly-pulled thistles. Thistles do not have a pleasant burning smell at all. And they are wet! and smoky! And it was not chilly out at all!

It has gotten a little chillier lately, at least less oppressively hot, and some of the aspen leaves are turning. The wind is making a more rustly sound in the trees too, and school starts next week! So maybe this firepit thing will work out after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment